Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Removal

            During the winter, one job that I have is to shovel snow. I shovel the walks and driveway at my house and at my neighbor's house. The prospect of snow shoveling has made me try to will the snow not to fall, but it does. One of my favorite things to look at is a freshly shoveled driveway. It is great feeling when you can admire your hard work every time you go past the driveway. Although, what goes on behind the job can be a lot different than people think.

            One time as I went over to my neighbor’s house to shovel his driveway, I was able to use the snow blower he keeps in his garage. As I blew the snow off his walk, I suddenly saw two of his Christmas light up ornaments on his front lawn fall over. I stopped my work to try and figure out why this had happened, before I realized that I had pulled the electric cord that hooked into the ornaments with the snow blower, and had knocked the light-up snowman and Christmas tree into the snow. While I had to spend a few extra minutes setting the decorations right, I still think that was pretty funny for myself.

            Another snow removal mishap that I have had was when I got a newspaper stuck in the snow blower. There is not much to tell about this story except for the way that I ran into a newspaper hidden in the snow, and the snow blower quit working. I then had to stop the engine and work on getting the chopped up paper out of the snow blower.

While I don’t necessarily enjoy doing snow removal, these things can certainly make the job more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Some winter seasons are pleasant and mild while others can be cold, harsh and overall difficult to deal with, especially when having to shovel snow from a property. Most people choose to hire commercial snow removal professionals limited-time offer to take care of the work since they are experts in the field

    ReplyDelete