Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Not Crazy, It's My Life.


            This month has been one of the most stressful and fun in my whole life. Right now I am struggling to get done with so many things for so many classes. I have to read A Tale of Two Cities( the hardest and most confusing book I have ever read) by midterm, I have multiple tests coming up in math on things that I am still struggling to grasp, my homework level has been at an all time high, and on top of all that, I have been missing a lot of school lately. But even then, this week was a party!

            his week I celebrated my 15th birthday on Monday. I convinced my mom to let me go skiing all day with my little brother. So I went and missed a whole day of school. This seemed great at the time, but I am kind of regretting it now. I did have a wonderful day skiing in the great snow and beautiful sunshine. That day I missed Computer Tech, which is a really bad class to miss because if you fall behind, catching up is very tough. I did go after school to get help with that and I cleared some things up that I didn’t understand before, so that was very lucky. I have commenced reading a Tale of Two Cities, and it is a very tough read. I do enjoy a challenge, but finding half an hour a day to read it is a struggle. My math class has been especially challenging of late, and the homework just seems to pile up.



            While this week has been very hard, it has been a blast. It was spirit week so we had Pajama Day, Hat Day, ugly sweater day, and my personal favorite: Socks and Sandals day! This day was my idea so I guess I am pretty biased. We also had an assembly this week. I only had one thing to say, but being in the assemblies are always fun no matter what, because you get to miss class and be with the other SBOs. We also had cheerleader/ officer switch day. This is when all the Cheerleaders give the officers their jackets, and the officers do the same for the cheerleaders. Then at the girl’s basketball game, the officers are the cheerleaders and vice versa. I found out that being a cheerleader is hard work! I would much rather be an Officer any day.

The main thing that brought me joy this week was being in the State Honor Choir. This is a choir that pulls 390 kids out of the state to come sing a selection of beautiful songs together. A few students are selected from each school to participate, and I was one of the lucky few. You get the music about two months in advance to practice it, then you have one day where you practice these songs from nine in the morning to five P.M. Then you have a performance the next day. This was the most fun thing I have ever done in a choir.









No comments:

Post a Comment