Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Highest Peak in Germany: The Zuchspizte


             When I was in the  great continent of Europe, I was privileged to go to the top of the Highest Peak in Germany: The  Zuchspizte. The massive Zuchspizte looms over you as you drive to the base of this huge mountain. At 3000 steep meters to the top, this would daunt any hiker’s abilities. But fortunately for me, a high tech tram is available to take you to the top. As you step into the hot, crowded, and sweaty tram, you might want to turn back. But as you start to glide up the mountain, all thoughts of your discomfort leave your brain. I found myself so engrossed in the beautiful mountains and forests spreading out beneath me, I started to feel light in the head. I then realized that my ears needed to be popped, and after doing so, I soon realized I was at the top of the rocky mountain. After getting out of the claustrophobic tram, you wander out onto the deck where the view of the mountains is breathtaking. We also stopped to see hikers who have successfully climbed the steep face, getting a huge celebratory beer and bratwurst.  After being on the deck, my dad and I went to the very tippy top of the mountain, where there is a monument. It is a short 25 meter stroll, but you have to hang on to the handrails to avoid falling off the mountain. After feeling pretty great about being on top of Germany, we took the tram back down to the bottom, popping our ears once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment