Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sports, the Next Best Thing after Pokemon and Chess

When asked about my favorite things to do, after letting them know that I am a hardcore pokemon master, and telling them I love to play chess, I usually answer that I like to play sports. Now just because I say that I like sports does not mean I am good at them in any way. I simply like to be able to run around and have some friendly competition.Some of my favorite sports include soccer, golf, water and snow skiing, hiking, and running.

I have played soccer all my life, and I really love the beautiful game. Soccer is such an easy game to learn and play, but the games can turn into masterpieces of kicks, tackles, and slides. Soccer is a great way for me to relax too, I love to absentmindedly kick soccer ball at a wall. I have played on both competitive and  recreational teams, and I have made some great friends.  Another thing that is great about soccer is how it connects the world, knowing that kids all around the world love soccer as much as or more than I do makes me feel like I am a part of something great.

Many will say that golf can be really boring to watch and play, but that game can give you some of the best on top of the world feelings, and the worst gut-wrenching feelings. Nothing beats going out on the green grass with some buddies to play a round of golf. Golf is very hard to describe, if you play the game, you know what I mean. Golf is one of the most addictive sports ever, you may leave the last green saying that you're never going to golf again, but you will always come back. One thing that is super fun to do is to putt in your basement with your friends. These competitions can get pretty intense.

Snow skiing is one of the most exiting sports ever. I love the feeling of rushing down the mountain at top speed, wind howling by your face. Another thing that's great about the sport is how you can make your own trail down the mountain. You can explore through the trees or go off a ledge. Skiing is one of my biggest natural highs.

As I have already written about on this blog about the bair gutsman mountain race, only a little explanation is due about my love of the hiking. I live very close to the mountains, and I love to hike and run up where the air is clear. One of  my favorite things to do is to go on a run with my ipod playing. I run track at my junior high, and I love to run with my friends.

All in all, I really enjoy sports. Just being able to run and play under the sun is a huge blessing. Sports provide a way for people to get to know one another and have a great time. And in the words of Nacho Libre, I say: "My life is good, really good."

No comments:

Post a Comment