Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Musical Family

My family is very musical. Whether it's playing the piano or serenading with the violin, I have some pretty talented family members. All of my siblings play at least one instrument, as does most of my extended family.I want to talk about some of these talented people and about myself, another talented person.

My Grandma Oldham is and always was a very musically gifted person from a young age. Now after many years of hard work and practice, my grandma is a retired piano instructor and an amazing pianist. She can play any song you put before her, and she is the best piano teacher I've ever had. She is always so nice and cheerful, she often accompanies my siblings in concert, and plays music at the family gatherings. I am really lucky to have a great grandma who helped me on to the road to fame and glory.

 My mom is another great musician in my family. She plays the cello and the piano, and is always there to help with my sibling's music practicing. She can also sing very expertly. My mother has managed to keep all of her children in music classes throughout their childhood. She is the director of the family whenever we have to perform music for people. I am very grateful to my mom for all her hard  work and sacrifice she gave so that her children could be musical.


My older sister Sarah is a pretty amazing person. She can play the violin and the piano, both very well. She has been in a ton of musical competitions, and most of the time takes them by storm. She took piano from my grandma and many other skilled piano instructors. She has used her talents to win a lot of pageants also. Nowadays, she can play any song out there by just looking at it. She is also very good at making up her own songs. She is great at playing popular music of the day and singing the words along with the music. Not only does my sister play instruments, she even taught her own music lessons one summer to local children. She taught piano, violin, ukulele, and voice. She is a really nice person who has a lot of talents.




 My grandpa Phillips is another great musician who is a great person too. He taught himself to play the piano, and he really loves having music in his home. His favorite songs are the old-timers and sings along in a beautiful tenor voice. He bought me my first guitar from the Philippines , which kick-started my guitar career. He also is always there too offer advice on the song that you are performing. My grandpa is one of the coolest people I know, and he is a great person too.

Like I mentioned beforehand, my grandpa gave me my first guitar, and I am really lucky for that. I have now played the guitar for over 6 years, and I mainly play the classical guitar. I have recently been taking acoustical guitar lessons, which has been interesting. I have won 100 dollars one time playing my guitar, and I love it. I also got to perform in my school's talent show last year. I was even lucky enough to have been taught piano by my Grandma Oldham, and I can still play the instrument just a little. I play the hymns in priesthood meeting on Sunday, which is quite fun. I even play the hymns in seminary once in a while.

There are so many talented people in my family, it would be hard to fit them all on this post. So I'll leave that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment