Saturday, April 9, 2011

Romeo and Juliet Epitaphs

These epitaphs could be written on Juliet's and Romeo's respective tombstones:


Juliet

I lived a life of lies for love
No one could understand my pain
The pain that comes from two houses
Both alike in hatred and death
Cast off thy spirit of contention
This feud that puts an end to life so sweet must end
Romeo, whither art though? Deny thy name.
He is a rose that cannot smell as sweet
Now in his grave
We were married, yet no one knew
Time spent apart, we hoped was few
And yet, twas not to be
I would die twice to have his love
And so I did
Yet I hope, now in this place
To reunite with my one love, my all, my hero
My Romeo


Romeo

I lived for her
The fairest creature on all the earth
I died for her
Seeing her to be dead
I died with her
Drinking that deathly draught
To its very last drop
To die for my very own love
My hand resting upon her shimmering cheek
Our time in each others arms together adds to but a week
Yet feels not a minute
O, I am fortune’s fool
Caught up in rage, I killed Tybalt at a rapier’s point
Yet the pain and sacrifice for love
Is swallowed in the ripe reward of being with
Juliet in death




No comments:

Post a Comment