Saturday, February 12, 2011

Work Paying Off, Fun Service, and The Winter Dew Tour

   I have enjoyed this past week because of several reasons. My hard work has paid off at school, I did some fun service with my friend, and I got to go to the Dew Tour!

            As I have previously mentioned in my blog, I have been having a stressful time lately with all my homework and other responsibilities. But this week, I really cracked down on my homework load and tried very hard to get my homework done as soon as possible as opposed to procrastinating. It was very hard not getting discouraged, because on top of all my homework, wrestling started this week. Another problem with my homework is that after wrestling, I stay up very late doing my assignments, usually past 11:30, this has set my sleep clock askew, so my body is now used to going to bed that late. The disadvantage of that is that I do not get enough sleep. This made getting up to go to school early to get help with assignments very hard. But, in spite of it all, I managed to get to school so I could work on my Computer Technology typing assignments, which gave me a lot of trouble this week. They are timed typing paragraphs that are due at midterm. I didn’t realize this until this week, so I came in every morning to do those. But after all this hard work, I got great scores on all the tests and big assignments I had this week. These have also raised my grades, which is another reward.

            My dad was in charge of the Tri-stake Valentines Dance that was this Friday. He has been planning this for some time now, and being his son, I was volunteered to be a root beer-float maker for the occasion. I was going to wear a black bow tie and a white shirt. The upside of this is, my friend in my ward was also going to come be a float maker with me. We both had fun as he scooped the ice cream and I poured the root beer. We both looked pretty sweet in our bow ties, we joked that we were in the Godfather. Another thing that was fun was the chance we had to go to Yogotogo, my favorite yogurt place.  We went in my friend’s sweet new truck that he put his own engine in. Because of this engine, the truck is very loud, and as we pulled up to Yogotogo with our sweet ride and bow ties, we both knew we were cool. We both got our favorite combinations of yogurt. I got a lot of the “popping bobas” and my friend got strawberries. That was definitely a night to remember,

            Every year the Winter Dew Tour comes to Snowbasin, the ski resort where I have a season pass. This event tours all around the country and showcases freestyle skiing and snowboarding. There are Superpipe and Slopestyle events for men and women alike. The people that compete in the Dew Tour are professionals pulling huge air and even bigger tricks. I loved watching them soar into the air as I also went skiing myself that day.

This week has been fun for many reasons. My hard work paid off in school, I got to have fun while serving with my friend, and I got to witness one of the coolest sporting events ever: The Winter Dew Tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment