Sunday, December 5, 2010

Spies, Basketball, Tests, and Ebenezer Scrooge

This week was a pretty eventful week. I got to go to three different Junior High Basketball games three days in a row, I had some pretty hard tests in school, and I went to Hale Centre Theatre's production of  The Christmas Carol on Saturday.

One of the most fun things about being an SBO is the chance to go to all the sports games to cheer on our very own falcons. When you go to the away games, it can sometimes be more fun than home games because you can be crazier without anybody you know  seeing you. One thing that was super fun was a thing my fellow officer and I invented to pass the time before away games began. We hide our officer jackets in the bleachers and then, dressed in our street clothes, we wander the halls like we actually go to the school we are in. We say hello to people and pretend to try to open "our" locker. It's also very enjoyable to pretend that you are lost and are counting the numbers above the rooms. One girl asked us who we were and we told her we were new to the school and she believed us. To complete the disguise, we invented new names for ourselves, which I can't tell you because I'd have to kill you. And finally, after messing around in the halls, we go to the gym and sit on the opposing teams side and cheer for them for a while. I guess you could say that we're pretty amazing at blending in with the crowd and therefore awesome spies. Once we're back to our own side of the gym we cheer on our team to victory. And I say that truthfully because this week our falcons beat Kaysville Junior High for the first time in over a decade!! We even won it in a dramatic fashion, as big man Elijah Kletzli scored a buzzer beater layup that won the game! We won every game this week, and are going into the first round of the playoffs with a bye.

I was kind of stressed this week because I had several quizzes in several different classes. For instance, I had a hard test in math, a quiz in Geography on memorizing over 50 countries in Europe, and a mythology test in English class. Although all of these tests were hard I had fun on each and every one of them.

For my Christmas present from my grandpa and grandma they took me and a few of my more grown up cousins to see The Christmas Carol at Hale Centre Theatre in Salt Lake City. It was very enjoyable. All of the acting was superb. And the man who played scrooge was especially funny.

That's all for now! Thank you, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment