Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Mow It.

When I first began to practice my lawn mowing skills in the fifth grade, I was super exited to be doing something that only 'big guys" could do. I was set to work mowing in my very own backyard. Back then, I struggled to operate our Honda lawn mower. I was often unable to even start the machine. It didn't help that the lawn mower was very old. Even today billows of white smoke emit after you start the mower. Luckily, I was assisted by my dad so I could eventually mow some of my lawn with ease.

Now, four years later I am a master at the art of mowing. I currently mow 5 lawns, and I am pleased to say that I can start any mower very easily. I have even upgraded into using my grandpa's riding lawn mower. I have the routine of riding my bike to the lawn that needs to be mowed, mowing the lawn, and coming home down to a science. I guess you could say I'm a professional, which is true. I make a substantial amount of money every week.


But not everything in the mowing business is as smooth as some people make it seem, on the job, I have broken sprinkler heads and been chased by huge dogs. But no matter how hard it may be to mow a certain lawn, or how hot it my be. One of my greatest satisfactions is to see a lawn that I have mowed glistening in the sun. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment