Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The begining of the end: ninth grade year.

So far ninth grade has treated me pretty well. My classes are challenging but fun, and being the Student Body President has been a blast.

Although a lot of my classes are challenging, all of my teachers are really cool. Algebra 2 has been especially hard, staying up late doing homework for that class happens very often. Biology has also worked me very hard. One fun class I have is Rhapsody in Blue, we are singing some really cool songs from Wicked, Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat, and Hair (a hippie musical). I also enjoy going to Chinese two, our teacher is funny and we do lots of fun activities, just this week we got to watch The Spy Next Door, starring Jackie Chan. Many of my friends are in Chinese with me. English has so far proved to be a fun class, my English teacher teaches in a different way than any other teacher I've ever had. French three will also be fun this year, because we are doing more speaking and less writing. Seminary has also been way fun, I love to play the hymns when we have the opening song.

Being an SBO has proved to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. All the officers are all awesome and we are now all really good friends. There isn't a moment when we aren't having fun. Planning the assemblies, making posters, decorating the showcase, and cheering at the games are some of the stuff we do, and if that sounds fun, that isn't the half of it. We have now set up a Nerf hoop and a Gamecube in Ms. Allred's room. And if we aren't shooting hoops we can be found sneaking down the halls on secret missions for poster paper.

As Student Body President, I also get the privilege of associating with all the great people at Fairfield Jr High. When I first became Student Body President, I promised myself I would help others have a great experience at Fairfield. Whether that means meeting someone new at lunch everyday, or saying hi to a person in the halls, I am grateful to be the Student Body President.

I am confident this year will be the best year I have ever had. But we'll see about getting that 4.0 GPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment